Liberty Baptist Church is located in Grooverville, Georgia, a little south of Boston. The Greek Revival building was completed circa 1858 when the area was more heavily populated. Today it’s surrounded by farming property and dirt roads, and was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 2013.
Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, Lebanon Chapel A.M.E. Church is in Fairhope, Alabama. The concrete block church was finished in 1923 and still serves a small congregation.
St. Thaddeus Episcopal Church is located in Aiken, South Carolina. The original building from 1842 still stands, though it was remodeled extensively in 1926. It’s included on the National Register of Historic Places.
Not far from St. James. A.M.E. in Walterboro, South Carolina is the Victorian church originally known as “The Atonement Mission”. It was built in 1896 by St. Jude’s Episcopal Church as a mission to help establish an African American congregation. It’s included on the National Register of Historic Places as part of the Walterboro Historic District.
Robertville Baptist Church is another Greek Revival church located in South Carolina. It was built in 1847 by an Episcopalian congregation and later purchased and moved to the current spot just after the Civil War. The church history dates to 1781 when the Welsh and Huguenots settled in the area and it was known then as Black Swamp Baptist Church. The name was later changed in 1934 in honor of an earlier Huguenot minister named Pierre Robert. It’s included on the National Register of Historic Places.
In Titusville, Florida, LaGrange Community Church was established in 1869. This Gothic Revival church is the oldest Protestant Florida church between St. Augustine and Key West on the east coast of the state. It was built in 1872 with two stories, the top floor used as a public meeting site and schoolhouse. That second floor was later removed in 1893 when a separate school was built nearby, and a bay window was added to the front facade along with some other modifications. The architecture has remained essentially unchanged since then. It originally served a mix of Episcopalians, Methodists, Presbyterians and Baptists. Today it’s included on the National Register of Historic Places.
First Congregational Church was built in 1836 in East Machias, Maine (settled 1763). It’s a large, Gothic Revival Church with arched windows and a imposing tower. It’s included as part of the East Machias Historic District on the National Register of Historic Places.