Cataloochee Palmer Chapel

cataloochee-palmer-methodist-chapel

Palmer Chapel Methodist Church served the Cataloochee Valley in western North Carolina prior to becoming part of the Great Smoky Mountains National Park.  It was built in 1898.  Just north of the chapel is the Palmer Cemetery with graves scattered up a steep slope.  Grave markers here are dated in the mid 1800s through 1929.

 

 

Advertisements