The Holy Transfiguration of our Lord Chapel is in the village of Ninilchik on the Kenai Peninsula in Alaska. In the 1800s Russian settlers established several villages along the Cook Inlet and many remained here even after Alaska was sold to the United States. There was a church in Ninilchik as early as 1846 when the village was founded and later this church above replaced it in 1901. The exterior features onion domes and orthodox styled crosses. It’s included on the National Register of Historic Places.