What still remains of Pine Hill Christian Church can be found on a quiet dirt road in Brooks County, Georgia. Though records are unclear, it seems this church was founded in the last half of the nineteenth century by former slaves only a few miles from Grooverville Methodist and Liberty Baptist. The church held services every third Sunday for part of the time, but eventually closed briefly in 1987, was active again for a few years and then officially closed for good in 2005. It does seem that the little church is still looked after as the interior was fairly clean and there wasn’t any obvious signs of vandalism.
Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, Lebanon Chapel A.M.E. Church is in Fairhope, Alabama. The concrete block church was finished in 1923 and still serves a small congregation.
This small Baptist church is located just outside of Aiken, South Carolina. A small number of members withdrew from the nearby Springfield Baptist Church when they were chartered by the Negro Baptist Association to build Randall Branch Baptist. A small hut was used for worshiping until this simple frame church was built in 1901.
Cumberland A.M.E. was organized in 1867 in Aiken, South Carolina.
Organized in 1904, Second Baptist Church constructed this brick building in 1920. It was designed by the architect, and pastor, Jesse Miles. It’s located near Bethany Cemetery in Aiken, South Carolina.
Benevolence Baptist Church was established in 1853. It’s a little confusing in that there’s another Benevolence Baptist Church about a quarter mile away in this little town in western Georgia.
St. Mark A.M.E. is in the community of Wadley, Georgia and was built in 1896.