Kempt Shore Presbyterian Church is in the province of Nova Scotia, Canada. It’s a wood frame church built on a sandstone block foundation and includes a basement. The church was built in 1865 at the junction of the Avon River and Minas Basin by a former shipyard owner. It became part of the United Church of Canda in the early 1900s and services were held in the church until 1967. The church was added to the the Canadian Register of Historic Places in 1995.
This church’s original congregation was Presbyterian and was organized sometime around 1850. It’s located in a small fishing village near the Cabot Trail on Cape Breton Island, Nova Scotia and appears to date from 1887. Today (since 1925) it serves the United Church of Canada.
Centreville United Church was built in 1856 and is located on Digby Neck in Nova Scotia, Canada. The wood frame church has a side tower and was constructed by the Methodist congregation. That congregation voted to leave the Methodist Church of Canada when the United Church of Canada was formed in 1925. Eventually it fell out of use and was purchased in 1970 and now sits on private land. The church is listed on Canada’s Historic Places.
Paroisse Saint-Pierre is located in the village of Cheticamp on Cape Breton Island, Canada. The church was built in 1893 in the French-Canadean Neo-classical style of architecture similar to churches near Quebec. The church was established as the fishing community was growing in this part of the island. The large stone church is primarily sandstone and includes an open, octagonal belfry and rounded arch windows with keystones. It was added to the list of Canada’s Historic Places in 2004.
Little Dutch Church is located in Halifax, Nova Scotia and is the second oldest building in the city. Originally known as St. George’s Church, The church was consecrated in 1760 and is also the oldest Lutheran church in Canada. Although built in the Cape Cod style, the building has been modified over the years to include a bell tower and steeple. The church also has a cemetery and continues to hold regular services.
All Saints Anglican Church is on the way to Digby, Nova Scotia. A small cemetery surrounds this combination of 18th century British Classicism and Colonial American meeting house style of construction. The church was built in 1845 and includes a square bell tower and gabled roof. It’s the oldest church still standing in Digby Neck and is included on the Canadian Register of Historic Places.