Located close to another Oliver, Georgia church included previously, Little Ogeechee Baptist Church was organized in 1790. The church sanctuary shown above is the second for the group and was built in 1912. General Sherman and his troops camped in this area during his march towards Savannah. The cemetery behind the church, which was used as a horse corral during that occupation, includes soldiers from the Revolutionary War and the Civil War.
Another Oliver church and cemetery is St. John Baptist Church. Organized in July 1871, this African-American church originally bought Little Ogeechee’s first church building for $125. They’re located on the north edge of the town.