Located just outside of Elloree, South Carolina, Jerusalem United Methodist Church was built in 1909. From the church’s website, it replaced the “Old Jerusalem” church that burned a year earlier. The church has history dating back to 1813, but grew more organized after the Civil War ended. The church was remodeled in 1958 and later additional improvements were made, including a fellowship hall and a large parking lot and walkways. There is also a large cemetery on the property which was founded in 1879.