In addition to the Hawthorne museum included previously, Hawthorne, Florida has other old churches including First Baptist Church shown above and the United Methodist Church below.
First Baptist Church was constituted in 1852 and held services in a brush arbor until 1853. A log house was used until this building was completed in 1889. The church built a more modern brick building in 1990 and apparently uses this for storage now.
First United Methodist Church, Hawthorne, Florida
First United Methodist church members first met in the local Presbyterian church when they started in 1890. Although the exact year is uncertain, it’s believed this church was completed by 1895. A parsonage was added in 1914 and a Sunday School annex was added in the 1930s.