Saint Marie Madeleine, or La Madeleine is a Neo-classical style Roman Catholic church started in the late 1700s, but finally consecrated in 1842. Originally, the design with the columned exterior and alcoves for statues was designated by Napoleon to be a memorial to the “Glory of the Great Army”. Later, after Napoleon’s fall, King Louis XVIII decided that the structure would be a church, dedicated to Mary Magdalene. The composer Chopin’s funeral was held here the year the church opened. It still has daily Masses and can be visited at its location in the 8th arrondissement in Paris, France.