Mt. Zion was organized as a Presbyterian church in 1813 and completed this building in 1814. It’s located in Hancock County, Georgia and was used until 1903 when the membership fell to less than a dozen people. Sold to the Methodists, it was used until 1958. Unused for a few years, the church eventually was given to the local Historical Preservation group who has helped maintain the building since then.