Lebanon Lutheran Church is in Grant County, South Dakota and was built in 1908. It was named Lebanon because it was located on a high elevation with an open view. The church was organized in 1892 by Norwegian immigrants. It was very active until the late 1960s when it merged with another congregation and formed Hope Lutheran congregation. This church was then closed and intentions were to sell the building in the early 1970s. It didn’t sell, and eventually a preservation society was formed to save the building and it was later added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1977. There’s also an accompanying cemetery with graves dating to the end of the 19th century.