Zoar Norwegian Lutheran Church is a Gothic Revival church built in 1904. The Norwegians along with Polish settlers were among the groups who homesteaded this part of South Dakota near an Indian Reservation. Norwegians were the largest European group to migrate to South Dakota, though in this area they were a minority. The church organized in 1893 and worshiped in private homes and schoolhouses until they had enough money to build this church. The accompanying cemetery started burials in 1895. By the 1980s the church had become generally unused. Most of the other rural churches in the area have been demolished, but this one is still preserved and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.