Just around the corner from Liberty Baptist is Grooverville Methodist Church. Grooverville Methodist was founded by a plantation owner in 1832 who started by holding a Bible study and worship services a few miles from this location. A log church was later built and originally known as Lebanon. In 1856 the decision was made to move the church to Grooverville which was more of a central location for the local Methodists. The church was used until the late 1990s and then largely forgotten. In 2017 it was privately purchased with plans to renovate and share the historic building with the surrounding community.