The Mission Chapel of Our Lady of Light is the highlight of Lamy, New Mexico. The community was active when Lamy was the closest train stop to Santa Fe fifteen miles away. When railroad travel decreased, the town dried up. This Roman Catholic church was built in 1926, but was deconsecrated in 1994 due to low population in the town and the structural deterioration of the church. The good news is that there are efforts now underway to restore the building.