There are two large churches only a hundred yards apart on Camden, Alabama’s Broad Street. First Presbyterian Church of Camden was organized in 1845. This is their second church building, constructed in the mid-1880s. The design includes an open shingle belfry and bracketed cornice.
Camden Associate Reformed Presbyterian Church was built circa 1849 as Cumberland Presbyterian Church. The Reformed group organized in 1890 and purchased this building. There was a remodel and new steeple added in 1906.