The official name of this church is Stoney Creek Presbyterian Chapel of Prince William Parish. It has a long history to go with the name. It was organized in 1743, and the Greek Revival chapel was built in 1833. Union troops used the chapel as a hospital which may explain why it survived the war. The Congregation lasted until 1967 and the church is now maintained by a Presbyterian church in Beaufort, South Carolina. In the 1990s, the church appeared in a scene from the movie Forrest Gump where Tom Hanks prayed they would find some shrimp. In 2002 it was also added to the National Register of Historic Places.