Several miles southeast of Columbia is the historic Richland Presbyterian Church. Founded in 1883, the church was built a year later and used until the early 1920s when a new brick church was built in a neighboring town. The frame building features a tower with a gothic-arched portal and is essentially unaltered since construction. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1986. A cemetery lies just behind the church.