Euhaw Baptist Church in Ridgeland, South Carolina has a past dating back to Scottish settlements in the late 17th century. This congregation broke off from that original group and started their own church in 1745, first in Grahamville and later to Ridgeland. Like many churches in South Carolina during the Civil War, it was burnt by Union troops. After being restored, it was later destroyed by a forest fire in 1904. The church pictured here was rebuilt in 1905 and today the congregation uses a more recent building added adjacent.