This church, convent, and cemetery is in Zell, South Dakota. Zell is a tiny town of fewer than 50 people in the northeast quadrant of the state. The entire complex, including the cemetery grounds covers about 7 acres. The convent is the oldest building, built in 1883 and was home for the Benedictine Sisters. The gable roof church was built in 1905 and the design of the church was very unusual for a rural South Dakota parish at the time. The complex was added to the National Register of Historic Places, but the school closed in 1963 and the convent and other buildings are now privately owned.